Tuesday, May 22, 2012

243- Best Laid Plans

This day was supposed to consist of a quick trip to Pisgah, back to Charlotte just in time for the meeting of our new pastor.  However, I awoke this morning with a terrible head ache and upset stomach. I finally decided there was no way I could make the trip to Pisgah.  My head was spinning, hurting and I just wanted to keep my eyes closed!

Let's just say this is going to be short, because the light of the computer is still bothering me.  It has not been a fun day.  I hate this head ache!!!!

Yesterday I decided to spend time today intentionally finding joy, laughter etc.... That is kind of hard when your head is hurting so badly that you just want to keep your eyes closed.  So I didn't laugh but I did find quiet joy!

First I went to lunch with Chris.  It was nice just talking quietly with him!  I really do love that man!!!

Second, I found some things I have been needing and looking for.... I'm very happy to have one more thing off the list.

Third, was invited over to the Kendalls for dinner.  What a blessing to eat a home cooked meal without having to cook it!!! It was amazing and the company was even better.  I am so proud of my God children.  They are turning into such amazing people!  Another moment of joy!!!

Forth, my husband flirted with me!

Fifth, had a short but wonderful conversation with Sarah!  Wish she was here.

Sixth, took a nap.

Seventh, hugged friends tonight at church! 

Quiet yet intentional joy makers!  It was a day with joy in-spite of this constant head ache. 

No comments: