Thursday, May 24, 2012

244- Took a sick day!

For several days now I have had a head ache accompanied by an upset stomach.  The nausea has been the worst.  Just a constant nagging upset stomach.  Yesterday the light of the computer screen was just more than my head and stomach could handle.  I started to blog and then decided I just needed a sick day.  A day off.

 I will always praise the Lord.
With all my heart,
    I will praise the Lord.
    Let all who are helpless,
    listen and be glad.
Honor the Lord with me!
    Celebrate his great name.
I asked the Lord for help,
    and he saved me
    from all my fears.
Keep your eyes on the Lord!
You will shine like the sun
    and never blush with shame.

I have been enjoying the process of trying to memorize this passage of scripture.  "I will always praise the Lord."  Always, always, that doesn't leave room for sick days, for bum days, for days where we are overwhelmed or days where we are distracted.  Always praise the Lord, is not conditional on us having feelings of praise but choosing to praise.  

Today I am praising God for having my back, for putting people in my path to help me through some difficult moments.  First last night I was supposed to go to Raleigh for a graduation.  I was not feeling good at all.  I tried to keep going but it wasn't easy.  Becca offered to go to the graduation for me.  Becca and Andrew drove to Raleigh, presented the scholarships and then drove to Pisgah.  What a huge blessing to be able to rest at home.  When Becca offered, my immediate thought was no.  No I can't ask.  No no no.  Then I took some time, prayed about it, waded through what was (C) and what was a genuin concern.  I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to be willing to let them help.  I needed to take the day and rest.  I needed to take a nap, to turn off the phone, to just rest.  I did, and I praised God for a talented intern who is so gifted, willing and talented! I praised God for a son who was willing to go with her, to drive very late into the night. 

Second, today 20 minutes before the graduation I realized the printer printed one of the scholarships twice and left one out.  I was short a scholarship with just minutes to go.  As I walked into the church I had an idea that required a copy machine, no one was in the office.... Oh well.... then as I enter the sanctuary there was the pastors wife, (church secretary).  In a matter of minutes the crisis was fixed, and I had the scholarship needed and it looked almost exactly the same as the others, color and all!  God is so good!!!!!! Even when it is our own short comings that get us into the predicament. I praised God for so much! I praise God!  

"Celebrate His great name..."  I love the word celebrate!  I love to celebrate!  I love the fellowship that comes with celebrating, I love the joy, I love the pomp and circumstance.  I love celebrating.  Going to graduations and passing out scholarships gives me the opportunity to celebrate with many!  It is moving to see parents so proud of their children, to see students show their appreciation of their family and friends.  It is fun to see how people celebrate, how the decorate, what kind of food etc.  Memorizing this text, I have been contemplating how to celebrate His great name.  How do you celebrate his name.  What is that celebration like.  The obvious is dancing around the sea of glass, on the streets of gold, singing his name.  I can't wait, but here and now, how do I celebrate His great name.  Tonight I am going to celebrate his great name with a prayer.  I am going to praise his name in prayer this evening, but I am going to plan a party to celebrate his name.  I'm thinking at Camp meeting we will have a "celebrate His great name party!"  I will start planning. 

I love the last art about how we will shine, and not have shame!  I have spent so much of my life swimming in (C) or shame.  I have felt more comfortable with (C) than shining.  Becca Anderson, has been adding sparkle to our Jesus Lives T shirts.  I am looking forward to literally shining.  I am also looking forward to having the pep in my step, the sparkle in my eye, the joy in my heart!  Exhaustion, (C), and most recently sickness has zapped so much of that out of my life.  Today, thanks to some rest, some prayer, some scripture, I am ready to Celebrate, to shine, and to sparkle.  

Before going to bed, I am going to go outside, and look at the sky, soak in some fresh air, and praise the Lord.  He is so good!  He is so faithful!  He is everything!  

The joy of the Lord is my strength....!!!!!!!

No comments: