Sunday, December 25, 2011

92- Christmas Eve, Sabbath, A Baptism

Today has been a very happy Sabbath! It is wonderful spending time with family, watching my niece be baptized, and then having Christmas with a house full of little kids! What joy.  I only had a couple moments where I started to think old patterns of thought, but for the most part I was able to stop and focus on truth, or focus on not taking on others (C) and it went quite well.  I have also focused on being proactive in helping out and doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done. That has helped to make the times when I'm not working more restful, and I have very much enjoyed that.  I really wish I had gifts for must a couple people but, I can't give to everyone and there is no shame in that. 

A real highlight of today was watching my niece being baptized.  It was just our family at a local baptist church.  We had amazing music, including an original song written by my brother for the occasion, several special musics and just lots of singing.  It reminded me watching the actual baptism that baptism is a symbolic event that frankly symbolizes this process. After all I am hoping for a wonderful cleansing, a bath, a shower that rids my life of all the (C) and I want to end in a beautiful white fluffy bath robe.  It was a beautiful reminder that this process is not about what I do but about what He does for me.  It is about Him giving me the strength and guidance as to what I need to let go of and then He washes me.  He helps me to build new pathways, to experience a new life!

As Suzanne came out after the baptism back in her clothes with her dripping wet hair I thought what a beautiful place to be, fresh out of the bath only Christ can provide! I am thankful tonight for the cleansing he is willing to provide! I am so thankful that He is in this with me.  That He is willing to wash me, and then I can put on that white as snow robe and live a life without so much (C)! 

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: