Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 75- The previews are up....

Well the day has come when more proof, of my frolic and romp while being photographed, is here. Tanya Musgrave called and let me know she would be posting the preview pictures on her blog.  She asked for permission to tell people about me trying to let go of the (C).  I hesitated for a minute but then said fine.  Today's blog is going to be about connecting you to her blog.  I want you to read what she wrote and you can see the pictures there.  I will just say this...

It is so easy for me to look at pictures and open my arms to piles and piles of (C).  As I said when facing the shoot, that pictures make it impossible to fake or imagine yourself perfect, because the pictures tell the truth.  I have always believed, (as a photographer) that people are always beautiful and interesting to photograph when they are comfortable, it is in being genuinely themselves that makes the picture great. I may believe it as a photographer but have not known how to be it as the photographed. Perhaps it is this simple... non of us look good covered in Crap! (that just needed the full word!!!)  Seriously, imagine anyone covered in literal crap, then imagine them after a shower with that beautiful white robe!  It seems so simple.

Tanya is a gifted photographer for sure!!!! If you are ever in the need, give her a call!!!!! But, it is not the perfect lighting, or the perfect angles or the perfect moments!  What I love is I see a glimps of the me without the (C)! I see a glimps of me free.  Not completely....perhaps I need to do this on Day 365 to see if I can tell a difference.  But I do see the beginnings of it all!  Don't get me wrong I could, pick apart each picture, but frankly the freedom I see out shines any lump, bump, or wrinkle.  The freedom I see out shines any lump, bump, or wrinkle. Yes I had to write it twice because I almost can't believe it myself!!!  It is not about the package or the outside that makes a picture great.... after all how many stunning pictures do you see of a corps...exactly!  It is not the package but the inside, the joy, the freedom bubbling out! 

Tanya, to you my dear girl! I believe part of your gift is not seeing the perfect light etc but being willing to see the person.  You have a gift for finding and highlighting the joy, the playfulness, the personality and then on top of that you wrap it up in artistic perfection! You don't just have an artistic gift but a soul gift.  You took this middle aged, insecure mess, who wanted, for the first time, to let it go! You took what would bore some photographers and found a way to see what I so desperately hoped was there!!!! Not a person of outward perfection, not a perfect body, or a perfect face, but a real live human being who is beautiful!  My one fear in not knowing you very well before this shoot was that my journey, the struggle, the vulnerability I wanted to share would bore you, and that you would just want to get it over with.  I mean after all, I am no Alisha Y!   That was the crap I was dealing with the day of the shoot.  But I put it down and let you in and you embraced me.  Thanks for sharing your soul gift with me and so many others.  It is truly what makes you different from every other photographer who can take a good picture. 

So here is her blog, enjoy!   http://tkmusgrave.blogspot.com/2011/12/letting-go-of-crap-beth.html

No comments: