Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 79- I'm Ready

Today has been a very full day! Filled with blessings, tears, laughter, friendship and just plain hard work.  My day started at 6am out the door by 7:15 and I just arrived home a few minutes ago, it is 1:20am. That is a long day.  Tonight there are so many things to blog about I have to choose what or I would be writing all night. 

Of all the blessings 3 things stand out the most...

1. In today's sermon I was impressed with the idea of being willing to let God in fully and let him clean me out. After all living MtC is not possible without giving Him free reign to power wash me.  I kept thinking back to the beginning of this process and the illustration of wanting to have showered and gotten all the (C) off and sweet smelling lotion and then put on a fluffy white Terry Cloth Robe! I am so ready for Christ to do what he needs to do to clean me up, from the inside out.  I want Him to clean my heart and mind, to take charge in my life and to guide and direct me in how to love and serve Him better. 

2.  In today's sermon an illustration was made that didn't sit well with me.  It is not that there was anything wrong with what the pastor was saying, his point was accurate, I just didn't agree with the illustration used to make his point.  I was however sitting next to a dear friend who I knew understood without me even saying anything.  We have not even had a chance to mention it, since my day has been crazy, but it was such a blessing to have her there, knowing me, and understanding.

3. Tonight, when things were crazy and I wasn't sure it would all happen, so many people made it such a success.  The evening was a hit and I am so grateful for so many.  Roy, Bonny, Nancy, Tammy, Sandie, Dave F.,  Rick and Beth, Ed, Bob, and so many more.  Everyone just stepped in and helped out.  I was even able to leave and drive home and that means I get to sleep in in my bed with my husband.  In fact I am going to stop blogging for now and snuggle down.  I am falling asleep listening to his snoring :). 

So tonight, I am ready to continue the process of letting go and giving God free reign to power wash me! Tonight I am thankful for my dear friend who knows me so well!  tonight I am thankful for so many people who are willing to give of themselves to be part of MPA!  Tonight most importantly I am so grateful to be home and in bed with a snoring husband! 

Goodnight.... or technically good morning!

No comments: