Saturday, December 17, 2011

Post 82... Just because

It is sabbath morning and I am just finishing up some quiet time with God.  I had some thoughts and decided to blog and make up for missing day 82.

We are at Ocean Isle and I am sitting on my bed looking out a the ocean, listening to the waves and enjoying the ocean breeze coming in through the open door.  The ocean looks like a sequin covered dress that is dancing in the light. It is not only beautiful, but alive, and sparkly. It takes my breath away.  Not just the beauty but the affirmation of my love for things that sparkle.  Light is an amazing thing.  Right now it is soothing me, calming me and exciting me all at the same time. The sparkle reminds me of how I imagine heaven to be, it reminds me of what I desire my heart to be, it reminds me of my sparkle loving girl and of beautiful jewelry.  I realize that a different person could sit in this very spot and be soothed and excited about the rushes, the sand, and the mat blue sky.  Or they might love the maze of man made wooden decks leading to the ocean.  They might be drawn to the architecture of the gazebo or the palm trees.  All have an appeal but for me the sparkling ocean makes me want to find a sparkling sequin dress that shimmers. What does this have to do with living without the (C) in my life.  The ocean today is just a gift from God, reminding me to sparkle, to be the ocean and let others be the sand.  Both beautiful and together they create a magical picture. If I try to be the sand then you just have a sand box instead of the beautiful view outside this window.  I am simply reminded to be me, to keep striving to be the me HE created me to be.  To live it boldly and wildly for Him. If that means being the crazy woman in the room with a full sequin dress when everyone else is wearing a little black number so be it.



Happy Sabbath!

No comments: