Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 84- Ahhhhhh!!!!!

So we are at the beach house, Ocean Isle.  It was 70+ degrees this afternoon, we had all the windows and doors open enjoying the cool breeze blowing through the house. What a wonderful gift God's beauty is. How good it is for the soul! Right now I am lying in bed with the sliding door open, listening to the ocean.  There is something so peaceful and amazing about ocean air and sound.

Today I have thought about last nights post, and have tried intentionally to simply do things when they need to be done.  To just Do IT!  It has been amazing really. Made the mac n cheese for Sabbath, got the laundry done, and still found time to, do one of my favorite past times, sit! I sat and talked with Chris, sat in the car, sat and talked with Anna while she packed, sat and watched some TV and sat and laughed with friends. All that sitting and I still accomplished the things I needed to, when I needed to.  I would love for this to become a habit!

I learned something today, it is not the sitting that bothers me, it is the sitting, when I should be doing.  For example, today I brought a load of laundry from home that needed to be hung up to dry.  Instead of sitting at home for it to dry or bringing wet clothes in the car, I just brought the laundry and did it here.  At one point I was upstairs, watching some tv with Chris when I remembered my laundry.  I would have in the past, just sat there, and then felt guilt and loaded piles of (C) on myself, about what a slob I am, about how lazy I am, and so on and so forth.  Tonight, I just jumped up, put the laundry in, then came right back to sit by Chris.  It is so simply but for some reason I really struggle with the whole getting up when I am sitting thing.  Getting up and getting something done is sometimes painful.  Silly, perhaps, a bad habit, for sure!

The lovely AHHHHHH thing about today was that having completed the things I needed, those moments of sitting were so much more lovely! So much more restful! It was wonderful! Tonight while laughing and fellow-shipping I wasn't thinking about the fact that I should have done the laundry, because it was done.  I wasn't thinking about needing to make the mac n cheese, because it was done and in the fridge.  I realize this all sounds very elementary, but we all do it with something at sometime.  And if you never do than you probably have a hard time with the sitting part which is also vitally important to life!  I do think I have perhaps come to believe a huge pile of (C) about myself and that belief has turned into reality.  I have thought of myself as lazy, and a slob, so I have learned to be just that.  I have not ever seen myself as anything other than behind, and I am just that, much of the time.  Today I have been trying to stop myself from thinking that (C) about myself and instead believing that I can and will get it done now.  It won't take that long and then it will be done and what a great feeling that will be.

So tonight as I lie here in bed I am soaking in all the peace this place has to offer and letting go of so much (C) not just by believing otherwise but by acting otherwise too! I know and believe that the sitting is so important and so good for us, and I will not give that up; but how much sweeter the sitting is if the tasks are done too!

No comments: