Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 83- Miss Me?

I missed a day.... hopefully I will get caught up over the weekend.  If not Oh, well...That is life.  So here it is... the (C) or struggle today.  Today while getting angry or upset at some things that were being said to me, I realized I do the very same thing. How dare I get angry when I do it too! This is what it was...  I tend to use genuine reasons to not do little things that will make a big difference in my life and in the lives of others.  Case and point, tonight I came home to a counter full of rinsed but dirty dishes, that needed washing.  Our dishwasher has quit working, or at least has quit working well.  We have decided with just the two of us here most of the time, we will just go back to hand washing.  As a result, when things are crazy, dishes end up not getting washed. Tonight I didn't want to do them, I was tired, I had cleaned my grandparents house today, made beds, drove for 3 hours and was ready to just sit.  I did just that for a while, but the conversation kept bugging me.  I kept thinking about how if I would just do little things, just take 10 minutes here and 40 minutes there, that life would be better for myself and those around me. 

If I am totally honest there is a core laziness in me that needs to be worked out, or gotten rid of.  I don't mind sitting and waiting on people, because it gives me an excuse to just sit. I love it when everyone is gone because I can just lay around and do nothing.  I love people watching....great way to define doing nothing at all except watch the world go by.  (I don't usually think much about what you might be thinking about what I am writing but I am right now!!!!  Some of you are horrified, some of you are dumb founded and are making excuses for me and maybe some of you understand.) There is no sugar coating it I can be incredibly lazy.  What is wrong is the (C) or excuses that I use to justify it.  I am not saying there is anything wrong with not washing the dishes if time doesn't allow, however using (C) excuses to justify nothing more than simple basic laziness is (C) (C) (C)!!!!!

So tonight I got up and faced the beast (entire counter full of dishes that needed washing) and in 40 minutes I have a clean kitchen! It makes tomorrow morning so much more enjoyable!  (Thanks to my amazing lover for joining me, talking with me, and drying the mountain!) 

Tonight the (C) I am working to get rid of is commonly known as excuses! Excuses for any number of things but excuses are nothing more than a pile of stinky (C) and I'm ready to wash it off!!!

No comments: