Wednesday, December 28, 2011

96- Fun to be be admired

This afternoon the girls and I had a few moment to do some shopping to see if we could find something for Anna to wear for the New Years Eve party.  After a couple stores we ended up in a store with the intention of looking for one pair of pants for Anna.  Let's just say, Chris decided to pick out things for me to try on.  As I stepped out of the dressing room to show him how the blouses looked, his eyes said it all.  He was trying to critique what he saw but the twinkle in his eye gave him away.  He was having great pleasure in what he saw.  I was able to fight off the erg to believe the (C) I have for so long! I just looked back at him and thought about how much I love him.  How blessed I am to have a man who sees the beauty even when I have been unable to.  Tonight here at home while modeling a couple things he didn't see in the store he again seemed so please to be looking at me.  I just looked back and enjoyed the twinkle in his eye! 

I know that God has a twinkle in his eye when watching us, I know that he loves us and admires his creation.  I know that he longs to spend time with us and is looking forward to a time when we are physically with him in heaven.  He longs to watch us be free of the shackles this world binds to us. Today and tonight I was far from being free of the shackles or the (C) but I let go I could and pretended the rest!  At one point I put on something that I was not comfortable in and Chris didn't get as much pleasure when I was insecure and uncomfortable.  The confidence and comfort contributes to the beauty he saw.  Or was it less about me being more beautiful because of the confidence and more to do with him wanting me to feel that confidence and comfort, just because he loves me and hopes for me to have more. More freedom. 

Regardless tonight I feel loved and admired and I know that what Chris feels for me is just a tiny example of the love God has for me.  I know God also wants for me more than anything to accept the freedom he offers if I will but let him work in my life.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah that thing you modeled at home was oo-la-la. You looked smokin' hot!!

Beth Grissom said...

I love you baby!