Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 72- Filled with wonder, Awestruck wonder, At the power of your Name!

Pastor Gary has just completed a wonderful sermon and the praise team gets up to sing.  I am quite sure it will be so so.  Revelation Song is a wonderful song, but I was in the mood for Christmas music, I was so filled by the sermon, so not expecting much.  I stood as asked still pondering several things mentioned in the sermon.  My mind wasn't on the music being played it was still contemplating...then..Idaia Janniere (Didi) started singing.  I was instantly there, the sermon was no longer in my mind, the music grabbed me.  I turned and watched her, listening as she with complete abandon was praising God.  I started to sing, but had to stop, I just needed to listen.  I wish I had a recording because words are terribly inadequate to describe what I was experiencing. Didi has a very beautiful strong voice, perfect pitch, perfect timing and rhythm, but it was more than that.  Didi was singing in such a way that it was clear, she was fully praising, this was about her and her God, this was about letting him have ALL of her praise, not leaving anything behind, not holding on to anything.  It was as if we were experiencing an intimate experience of raw and powerful praise.  She wasn't singing for us, she wasn't singing for the praise team, she was singing for God and only God.  In a matter of seconds I went from all my focus being on the sermon to tears running down my cheeks. Just as I felt when watching the dance recital I was over come with emotion.  I tried to sing again and then just gave up.  I wondered why I was so emotional and then I realized it was the freedom with which she was singing. It was the freedom I so long to have.  The freedom I am striving to achieve. 


I then told myself to stop thinking about the issues and just sing, just praise with the same abandon.  I tried but decided to just listen.  I then tried to stop myself from crying, and just as quick decided that the least I could do was allow myself to show the emotion I was feeling. I decided to just cry and enjoy the music.  Cry and watch this beautiful display of untethered praise. So I stood there, and cried, praised God, listened to the words and worshiped. ..."Holy holy holy, is the Lord God Almighty who was and is to come. With all creation I sing:  Praise to the King of Kings! You are my everything,   And – I - will - adore You!"

With all creation I will sing, You are my everything.... Wow! Is He that... my everything...am I willing with all creation to sing?  Wow Wow Wow.  I just cried and cried, sang some and experienced one of the most beautiful worship experiences ever!

As she finished singing, Pastor Gary had the benediction, and I just sat down in my seat. 

Today I saw and experienced an example of freely praising God! It moved me and encouraged me to keep going with this process.  To keep moving forward.  Can you imagine the power and the witness it would be if all of us praised with that freedom.  Yes she was singing beautifully, but it I completely believe she could have been off key and time and it would have moved me the same.  It wasn't the perfection, but the focus.  It was the relationship between Didi and her Savior.  It was the freedom, the lack of (C) weighing her down. 

I must say the perfection of her talent was also such a blessing and it would not have been nearly as powerful without the entire team.  Carolyn, Lydia, Chris, Joanne, May, Tyler, and Mark.  They all played and sang beautifully.  The entire set of music was such a blessing. 

Tonight, telling Chris about my experience I cried again. I long for the day when privately or publicly I can praise God freely.  In that praise I also include just living freely.

To the entire praise team and to Didi I thank you so much! What a gift today was.  
Tonight I am .... "filled with wonder, awestruck wonder, at the power of Your name!"

No comments: