Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 80- Living minus the Crap

Today is a great example of living minus the crap! Frankly, it sometimes seems easy when with my man!  His affirmation, glances, touch, and his just general pleasant nature makes it easy to set the (C) aside.  Today has just been so pleasant. Just being together, appreciating the presence of each other has been medicine for the soul.  We have laughed, talked and just really enjoyed companionship. 

I realized today how the struggle is just easier when with a true partner.  Man was not meant to be alone, and though I have wonderful friends who are an incredible support there is something important and special about the intimate relationship of a spouse.  The intimacy that comes from having, not only an emotional intimacy, but sexual intimacy, makes this relationship of more importance.   I guess I realize how important this relationship is for me.  It is more than being in love, it is more than having a romantic partner. This relationship gives me strength to be more. Being adored and loved in such a meaningful way helps me in the process of fighting off, or not accepting the crap.  I am not saying it is his responsibility or that it wouldn't be possible without him, but it is like he is standing along side me and supporting me when I want to just give up and sit down. I feel stronger when I am with him.  I feel supported.

Today I can honestly say I don't remember one time accepting any (C).  Today was a day minus the crap and I am so grateful for that!  I am so thankful for a Savior who is still willing to forgive and redeem me.  I am so thankful for His design, for His plan for us to have partners in life that can support and encourage us to keep moving forward, and to keep seeking a deeper relationship with Christ!

Today also was a beautiful reminder that the (C) might be familiar and it might be hard to let go, but Oh how sweet it is to not be playing around in it! I am ready to be free!  I am ready for Christ to do His work in my life! I am ready to live free!

No comments: