Tuesday, July 3, 2012

280- There's no place like Home!

This post was posted a couple days late because I am home and have been spending every possible moment with my husband, my daughter, and my friends. 

So Sabbath morning we spent at the Boughmans, with delicious breakfast, a worship time, and then a fixed shuttle, lunch and then we started home.  It was a wonderful day of counting our blessings.  We spent a lot of time reflecting on the pass twenty four hours.  We remembered the prayers, the text that came to mind, the VBS chants, texts on our phones, the many ways we had seen and experienced God, and how thankful we were for it all.  We had come through a difficult time and yet we came through fine, thanks to many, but thanks mostly to God!!!!

We had some concern about the tires on the other side of the shuttle.  I kept thinking that I just hoped I would make it close enough to home, that if we did have another break down I could call Chris.  I needed to be able to call him.  I questioned why.  Ernie had taken such good care of us, I could not ask for more!  He left nothing undone!  Rick and Chris had helped from afar!  So why was I so hoping to be close enough to call Chris. 

I thought about that a lot.  I know the easy and pat answer is that I love him and that is part of it!  But I knew that wasn't the only reason.  I finally came to this conclusion....

There is something special, comfortable, known about my relationship with Chris.  I know him, love him, trust him, feel comfortable and love being comforted by him!  I have a history with him.  I know about his follow through.  I know because of our history, because of how he has loved me, because of how he has rescued me over and over, I know because I know his character.

So many times we criticize the idea of always or only going to God for things we need.  I agree we should not only go to him for needs, but we should only go to Him for our needs.  LOL!!!! OK let me explain.  We should go to him with praises, we should go to him with our joys, and we should give him our heart... but we should never want to go anywhere else for our needs, we should never want anyone else to rescue us!  I also know it should be that way because of our long standing relationship with Him!

The closer and closer to home we got the happier I was.  I could not wait to be in my bed, to be at home with my daughter, with my husband.  There really is no place like home!  Today, living MtC was possible because I kept thinking of how God had lead us, how he had rescued us and how that is exactly as it should be.     

No comments: