Wednesday, July 18, 2012

293- No internet for an entire weekend.

Friday.... I love Fridays.  Fridays are the start of the Sabbath, my day of rest. Fridays are the beginning of the weekend, the end of a week, almost to the beginning of something new! This Friday marks the beginning of the last weekend of recruiting.  It means that going home is almost here.  I am so excited about that i can't begin to put it in words.  This has been an amazing summer, but I am so ready to be home for more than a couple days with my man!

So this Friday we traveled to our new location Nosoca Pines Ranch. It is hard to describe how tired we all were, and with a new location comes the need to make sure we were "ON".  Not easy when every fiber of your being wants to do nothing more than sleep. It was a long day of traveling through rain and wind adding to the exhaustion.  The moment we arrived on the campus we needed to be working hard. Unpacking, helping out, getting reading for the weekend, it wasn't easy.  The bright spot for sure was seeing my boy.  I love my job, I love working with the students but there is nothing better than seeing my kids.  Getting a hug from Andrew was a huge highlight. He is quite the handsome young man, I am so proud of who he has become and seeing him brought feelings of contentment. Chris was also coming to camp later that evening to watch the pageant.  He would only be there for a few minutes but the thought of seeing him kept me going. Anna would be coming with him which meant in one day I would see all but Sarah.  The thought made me miss her so much.  What I wouldn't give for a day or two with my husband and all three kids.  So with thoughts of my family and yearning for some peaceful time with them I had to get back to work.  I kept telling myself just one more step, one more moment, but it was harder than it had been in a long time.

Chris and Anna did come, it was wonderful seeing them, but it was so sad to see them go just a couple hours later.  I spent the night in a room with the girls on the floor.  Now I'm not a diva, I have always been willing to rough it, but I so desperately needed rest and the floor just didn't seem inviting.  I went to sleep saying over and over again, I  am just a couple days away from being home.

In the midst of all this exhaustion, God was still there ministering to me.  Becca was in charge of what we were doing and did a great job keeping the students going.  The pageant was powerful and being reminded of how much our Savior has done and does for us was so uplifting.   With exhaustion it becomes more and more difficult to  let go of (C).  Yet, at least I know it is more about being tired, and watching the pageant reminded me that no matter what I am going through, my Savior went through it all so that he could take me home! As I climbed in bed I kept thinking about home,  home in Charlotte, and home in Heaven!  Home I can't wait!  Home is made possible because of Christ and for that I am so thankful!!!

No comments: