Friday, July 27, 2012

307- Ahhhhh Friday

Tonight was a special night.  It is friday!!!! I love Friday!  It was extra special today because my three children were home.  We had a wonderful healthy dinner, candles, fresh flowers, Sabbath music and all of us together.  It was perfect! 

Earlier in the evening Chris arrived home and promptly started picking up things around the living room and putting them away.  I suggested he come and sit down next to me and say hello.  He was on a mission to pick up.  Now the living room was not perfect, but far from it's worst. I had spent all day working on things for work.  Getting the grocery shopping done, the kitchen clean and planning the menu for the weekend.  Picking up around the living room had just not happened.  (with the previous two sentences, I am sure you can figure out what my (C) was about).  For some reason I found my self annoyed that Chris was working!  I hated it.  Not that he was helping... see I don't see it as help.  I see it as demonstrating that I have not done enough.  That I didn't do enough.  That I should have been working harder, found the time to get the living room clean!  (C)?  Perhaps.  OK yes, it is.  If in deed that is what he is wanting to say then he needs to say it.  Otherwise, I should just look at it as what he says it is.... help! 

I tried several different ways to get him to stop, to no avail.  He did say he didn't mean to make things difficult for me.  I told him at that point, I realized it was my own (C).  He apologized for contributing to that...

I thanked him for the help and this evening after our wonderful dinner our family sat in the living room.... the clean living room while Andrew played his guitar and sang with his sister Anna. It was wonderful! 


No comments: