Saturday, July 7, 2012

286- I need to apologize!

It is almost midnight and our home is filled with music! Andrew is home from camp and he brought a whole bunch of friends from camp, seven to be exact.  They are talented musicians so the evening was spent playing music and they are still going.  It is an amazing way to start the Sabbath. 

Well 41 weeks of blogging and counting.  I have to say I see progress!  Yesterday I was giggling, tonight I only spent a second or two thinking about my house, and have spent most of my time thinking about the guests in our home. 

I have been praising God for all that these students bring.  They are my sons friends and they are sitting in our living room praising God!  What more could a mother ask for.  Tonight at one point, Christian was playing the piano, Andrew was playing the bass and Becca was singing wonderful merciful Savior.  It was powerful and so soul healing! After that song they were piddling around on other songs, Becca was sitting on the couch listening, at one point she had her eyes closed and she wasn't smiling.  Andrew was watching her from across the room... then he very quietly set down his bass and went to the couch and sat  by her, snuggled down and smiled at her while using his fingers to turn up the corners of her mouth.  She laughed and then whispered something to him.  It was a small little simple moment but it was a moment filled with love.  He was watching her, loving her, and wanting to be close to her.  It was quite a moment.  Why?  Seeing your little boy love such an amazing quality girl who also loves him and loves the Lord!  Priceless.  My cup is full to over flowing!!!!

So why title this blog, "I need to apologize!"  Well, I have to confess, I spend much of my time in the summer guiding and directing the recruiting team and I find myself always being in the place of teacher instead of student.  Well today I learned something from a student about letting go of (C).  Today we were having worship as a team and I asked them to go around the circle and say something nice about each other.  It is a worship I like to have often because it can help out with team building and bringing the group closer together.  As we were going around the circle it came time for Luke.  He got half way around the table when he came to Shannon.  He said, "Shannon first I have to apologize....I was a jerk the other day when we were stranded by the road..."  It was so powerful, he sincerely apologized for his attitude and then complimented her. 

It hit me...one way to live MtC is to be willing to apologize.  To be humble enough to say, "I was wrong." It changed so much within our group.  After we were done complimenting each other I affirmed Luke for the apology and then proceeded to give everyone a chance to apologize and the entire group started chiming in.  It was powerful!!!!!

If I want to live MtC I have to be willing to say I'm sorry.  I have to be willing to acknowledge where I have gone wrong.  Thank you Luke for the lesson!!!!!!! 

I am going to bed with a full heart, I lesson learned and a hot husband :)  Nite all!!!! Happy Sabbath!

No comments: