Wednesday, July 11, 2012

289- Monday- Trusting

The VBS program we are doing this week is all about trusting God in all situations.  It is amazing how impactful it is to over and over again say,  "No matter who you are, or what people do or where you are,.... TRUST GOD!"  As adults we should all be screaming Trust God on a daily basis.  Perhaps if we were more like these little kids, trying to see who can scream it the loudest, we would trust God! 

Today we were faced with a challenge.  We needed a DVD that was part of the VBS program.  It was the chatter dvd and we didn't have it.  I called all the bookstores in the area and no one carried it.  I looked on line and the best we could do was over night it and the cost would be 55 dollars and we would not have it for 3 of the 5 nights.  That was not good enough.  I was so hoping to find it.  Needing to find it.  I heard those kids yelling "Trust God!"  and I said a prayer.  I prayed for guidance.  Then I decided to call everywhere.  Every Christian bookstore within a days drive.  I called Waynesville, and they did not have it, but they said their Franklin store might.  I hesitated to call the Franklin store because that would be quite a drive, and I wasn't sure I had the time.  I felt it was important to turn over every stone.  So I called Franklin,  they had it!  I was so excited I asked them to hold it for me, but told them it might be late before I can get there because I was in Asheville, NC. The woman on the phone said," I am headed to the Waynesville store at lunch time.  I would be happy to bring it to Waynesville for you. Would that help?"  Wow what a wonderful blessing.  In a matter of minutes after deciding to "TRUST GOD!" I had the dvd payed for and on it's way. 

I really believe that living MtC must involve trusting God! So much of the (C), so much of the stress in my life is there because I am not willing to "TRUST  GOD!"  When I worry about the finances, or my home, my health, my family, I'm not trusting God! If I really trust Him!  REALLY TRUST HIM! I can't imagine still having a life full of (C)!  I don't believe the two can coexist. 

No comments: