Wednesday, July 18, 2012

295- Home Sweet Home

Sunday was a long day.  Long because all I could think about was getting home!  I had lots to do and it started at 6am when alarms started going off.  We had to be at staff worship at 7am, then work until the end of the day. The plan was to pull out of camp and be headed for Charlotte, by 6:30ish.

The day was full, and very good. I talked with several parents and tried to give them hope, about what God can do if we take steps of faith.  So many families want their children at the Adventist school but don't think there is any hope because they can't afford it.  I know God will and can find a way, we just have to believe and step out in faith.

Our group was supposed to have the worship for the new group of campers Sunday evening.  We decided I would give a worship talk and the students would do music.  I had no idea what to talk about and was so busy during the day I had a hard time coming up with anything.  While driving to lunch I was thinking about it, praying about it.  While getting cleaned up and packed up I was praying about it and thinking about it... but still nothing.

We get to supper, and still I have no idea.  I wanted to come up with something that tied into their week.  Something that was not about Pisgah, but something that would minister to them.  I wanted it to enhance the program.... the camp experience....Nothing...

Finally while I was sitting and eating I said one of those, I give up, I surrender prayers.  It was then it became clear.   I would talk to the Extreme Teen campers about the Extreme God we serve.  How he didn't just save us, but he has done so much more!

I am not going to say it was the best, or most powerful, but I can without question say this....I know it was God given and knowing He was there using me was exciting!

Yesterday, I may have felt alone, wanting to belong.... today I felt used by God, included in His plan.  Talk about belonging!  That is pretty amazing!!!!!

After worship we packed up and were headed home.  On the drive home I kept being distracted by beautiful sky.  I love sky and always feel close to God while admiring his amazing ever changing paintings!  It was so remarkable.  I was embraced by God!

Every new sky brought me that much closer to home!  As I walked to the front door, there stood Chris with an amazing grin on his face.  He eyes said so much and all of it was how happy he was to see me.  I had just been feeling so close to God that when I saw him standing there with that look of pure joy at the sight of me, I couldn't help but think of the look on the face of Jesus when we approach the gates of heaven.  That will be home sweet home!!!!!!! 

No comments: