Friday, July 20, 2012

300!!!!!!!!! and it's Friday!!!!!!

300  and it's Friday!  Where has the time gone!  So today was about two very important moments! Very important steps in this process of living MtC! 

Most importantly... I'm going to bed, (or writing) in a clean bedroom.  Now that may not sound like much to you, but I can't begin to tell you how bad it has been and for how long!  It isn't perfect, but I am committed to continuing this process of  organizing, cleaning and then decorating my room.  It has been unfinished, and ugly, the dump room, the room where all things get put before people come over.  It has been a source of shame!  It has been a part of me that I want to hide. 

Becca and I had a conversation about our rooms this summer and I decided I needed to get on it and change this part of my life.   I really believe it is a reflection of me and I must get it done.  In light of what happened yesterday and my quest for figuring out what I want, I decided I want a clean room I am not ashamed of.  It may not be finished, but neither is any other room in my house.  I don't have to finish it, but I have to do enough to be proud of it!   I want to put time and energy into getting it where I want it to be.  So that is what I did all day!  Tonight, the floor is picked up, clothes are either waiting to be washed or hung up, the furniture has been dusted, the cob webs are out of the corners, and the ceiling fan has been dusted.  I still have lots of organizing and decorating to do, but I am on my way to getting rid of lots of shame!!!!

You can't live MtCRAP, with lots of crap around the house!!!!!!!!!! There is no way, no way to live MtC while sitting in it, or sleeping in it.  So I'm determined to take some time to get rid of  the (C) in my home! 

This evening Chris and I went to dinner at our local Mexican restaurant.  I looked at the menu and as always started the process of trying to fit what I wanted into their menu.  I finally asked myself the question.... "Beth what do you want to eat?"  After answering that question, when the waitress came I told her what I wanted, exactly what I wanted.  It wasn't on their menu, but I told her anyway.  When it came it was amazing!  Perfect!!! Exactly what I wanted!!!!  It is fun knowing and then asking for what I wanted! 

Living MtC today included two things... First getting rid of lots of (C) in my house.  I don't want to be surrounded by (C) when I am doing my best to rid my heart of (C).  Second, making sure I am figuring out what I want, and when appropriate, asking for it!!!!


No comments: