Wednesday, July 11, 2012

288- Sunday... On the Road Again.

Sunday was the start of our last week of the Recruiting summer tour.  We needed to be out the door around 9 am.  I had to feed 8 college kids before 8:30 breakfast and then get out the door.  I went to sleep last night planning the menu and woke up Chris with an idea.....

Chris bought a new back rest for his motorcycle and I had not had the time to take a ride with him to try it out.  I knew he would like me to try it out and I so did I.... So my idea was to take the bike to Walmart and pick up the food needed to make a breakfast for Andrew and all his friends.  We didn't need much but it would give us a ride and a few minutes together.  Chris agreed and we suited up and headed out the door.  It was a wonderful slightly cool morning and getting on the bike was so much fun.  As we came around one of the corners there in front of us was the most beautiful sunrise.   It was just a postcard moment!  Chris squeezed my leg and told me how much he loved me and liked having me with him.  I teared up.... I hate the leaving home days.  Being with him on the bike, in the morning, seeing the sunrise, just us, talking through the helmet intercom system was so special.  I felt loved by God, loved by Chris and assured that I would survive this day!

I really believe one of the most important elements to living MtC is to understand how loved by God I am. To not just know he loves me but to feel and experience His love for me.  This morning I experienced His love, in the sunrise, through Chris and it gave me the strength to fight off (C) throughout my day.


No comments: