Sunday, July 22, 2012

301- Celebrating our Anniversary!

What a day it has been.  Chris and I celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary a couple days early.  Monday is our anniversary and we will be celebrating with all three of our children.  So today was our private celebration! 

We started the day with a motorcycle ride to the top of Morrow Mountain, where we ate a delicious breakfast we had packed.


We enjoyed croissant egg, stripple and cheese sandwiches, hot coffee and fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, and cherries).  It was delicious beautiful and fun.  We went to Morrow mountain because I love views and morning sky and all we had was fog, but as you can see it was beautiful!


















We enjoyed the ride there and back, the setting, the food, but most importantly we just enjoyed talking and flirting with each other.  I was enjoying taking pictures with my phone.  I took pictures of the setting the bike, my man and then we tried taking some of us together. 




It was fun until.... Chris took my phone and wanted to take pictures of me.  At first I wanted to object.  After all we had crawled out of bed at 7am dressed, made breakfast and got on the motorcycle.  No shower, no makeup, no taming the wild hair.  On top of that I was wearing  a very comfortable shirt, but not the most flattering.  I didn't want my picture taken.  Instead of objecting, I asked myself why.  Forget all the above reasons.  Who cares, after all I loved taking pictures of my man, who had also rolled out of bed.  So why not let him do the same? 

I came to the conclusion that if I saw pictures of myself that were not flattering, or just down right bad, it is shaming.  For too long m value, my worth has been wrapped up in how I look.  I can't tell you how many times I have been sick to my stomach after seeing pictures of myself.  Ever since I was a very little girl, so I wanted to avoid that.  However, I want to be free of all that (C)!  Just like I want to be free to be silly, I want to be free to relish in the rolled out of bed with my lover and went on a motorcycle ride look, instead of letting (C) get in the way of this amazing morning.  So I didn't object and he took pictures!  Yep... they are not the most flattering pictures! But I can say...I can honestly say they are some of my favorite!!!!! They are some of my favorite because they are the.... just rolled out of bed with my lover and went on a motorcycle ride look!!!!!!!!!!!


 Today living MtC meant being free enough to have these beautiful pictures taken! Today living MtC was all about spending time with my lover and best friend, celebrating the gift of our marriage with wild abandonment!

No comments: