Saturday, July 28, 2012

308- Brene' Brown... A huge gift!

This morning the plans for the day changed.  Instead of going to church I was staying home with my girls.  Anna was not feeling good, and one role as a mother that never changes is caring for your kids when they are sick.  I would still love for my mom to magically show up every time I'm sick.  It never gets old.  So I decided I would stay home and pamper her.  Sarah decided to join us and my morning went from the hectic rush of getting out the door to church by 8:41 to a relaxing, PJ morning with my two lovely girls.

They took the opportunity to send most of the time sleeping which gave me some time to spend with God.  It was so refreshing, so revitalizing.  Then after time with God, I read my book.  It is perhaps my favorite book of all time (outside of the bible).  It just really hits home, and frankly speaks to this blogging process so perfectly.  I have mentioned it before, "The gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown.  It has been weeks since I had the opportunity to read it so this morning was the perfect time.  I HIGHLY recommend you read it! It has put the academic language to this process and my journey.

As you all know I have had a terrible time keeping up with writing this past month. As soon as I get caught up I get behind again. I have once again been questioning the validity of this process.  Doubting myself,  and then today... today after reading several chapters in Brene' Browns book, I was affirmed, energized to keep going.  Over and over as I read, I found principles in her book that mirrored what I have been learning while blogging. 

Living MtC today included: listening to uplifting music, cooking for my kids, hugging my girl, spending time with God, taking a nap, reading a book full of encouragement, saying hello to Becca with facetime, being reminded to not let my thoughts get out of control, laughing with my husband, reading an "I missed you text" from Lucy, eating Pavlova with fresh berries, having moments of joy, moments of happiness, and knowing I have hope, watching my kids help their dad do the dishes, a clean kitchen, the fawn in our back yard, and new mascara I love!  


No comments: