Thursday, July 12, 2012

291- I am Free to Dance...

Here in Marion where we are staying they have a Wii.  The kids have been having fun playing golf, bowling, but the last couple nights they have been having a fun time playing the dance game.  If you are not familiar with it, basically on the screen is a list of popular songs to choose from and then you have to dance like the person on the screen.  Who ever does the best job wins.  They have been having such a fun time.  As most of you know this is my worst nightmare.... or shall I say was!

Last night Lexi (the girl of the house and a freshman we are trying to recruit) asked me to play.  Of course I said no.  Then she said, "I will go to Pisgah if you will play."  I still hesitated then all the students started saying it was my job, of course I had to play.  I hesitated and then decided that all the reasons I have not participated in such activities was (C) and I don't live that way anymore!  So I got up and played the game....OK the truth is I did my best to dance and play the game.  Everyone laughed and I made it through.  So I had done my duty....

Tonight they broke out the Wii again and started the dance game.  Everyone was having a  blast and laughing a lot.  Then again Lexi asked me to play.  I this time hesitated but not as long.  I got up and danced and had a great time.  I allowed myself to be silly to let go to be free.

Oh what a great day it was, to be able to be free enough to be dance... OK not really dance but be silly enough to play the game and laugh! Today living MtC meant being free enough to dance and dance I did!

No comments: