Sunday, July 22, 2012

302- A full House

What a remarkable day it has been.  Today, Chris and I woke up together, with an otherwise empty house and tonight all three of my children are sleeping here!  What a wonderful blessing to have all my kids home!

Last Sabbath while sitting on a picnic table with Beth and her friend, Beth said something about how I can make things beautiful.  I right away tried to make gesture that flew it off... and she called me out, saying that I always minimize it or discount it.  Her friend asked me why.  I know that I am creative and enjoy making things look appealing and beautiful, but I have often felt like that is all people see.  I want them to know a deeper side, perhaps what I deem as a more valuable side of me. I have been thinking it ever since Sabbath.  Wondering why now that I am educated working in a job where the, "making things beautiful" part is not the most important part of my job, frankly many people that I work with don't even know that is part of me.  So why do I still minimize it.  Recently I have even been perhaps running from it, or ignoring that part of me.  It is still part of me.  It is even a valuable part of me. 

So I am trying to let go of how I am perceived and just be free to be me and let perceptions take care of themselves.  After all, I can't really control what others think.  I can just do my best to be who God wants me to be.  That's it!

Today, Chris and I had invited the Kendalls to come over for dinner so that we could celebrate Liesl's  birthday.  Liesl turned 8 this week and is a girly girl who loves pink.  So I decided to let go and have fun with trying to have a special dinner for her!  It was so much fun.  I felt as if I was back.... as if I was whole!  Yes I am a person who loves to speak, to work, to talk with people, to inspire people.  A person who loves to study, grow, and write; but I am also someone who loves to make things beautiful!

Today, living MtC included letting go and living whole, embracing every part of me! Here is what happened....






 At our house we encourage dancing on the table.... After dinner!
It was a fun dinner party and I really enjoyed being creative and showing my love for Liesl.

No comments: