Saturday, November 19, 2011

59- Content

This has been a truly special 24 hours.   Chris and I have very simply had a wonderful time together.  We have talked a lot, enjoyed each others company, and spent time affirming each other.  Today has reminded me of the great importance of spending time with those you love.  Time getting know each other better.  there is no substitute for time.  Time implies importance.  I felt valued because Chris was willing to travel with me this weekend and spend time with me.  Time gave us opportunity to sometimes just be quiet and beside each other.  Time made it possible to have experiences and add to our repertoire of memories. Memories that we can recall at moments when time is limited. Our relationship became so much stronger today because of time!

Tonight I am reminded how important time is for the most important relationship in my life, Christ.  Our heavenly father also wants us to spend time with Him.  Nothing is a substitute for that time.  You can't serve enough, preach enough, talk about Him enough, to not need to spend time.  Time is what develops our understanding and belief into a real and living relationship.  We throw the word relationship around a lot when talking about God, but a relationship must include time. Time to have conversation, to listen, time to just sit quietly together.

Tonight I am very thankful for the time spent with my husband, for his love, and for his friendship.  Tonight I am desiring to make sure to incorporate into my day more time for God.  Not study per say but just time.  time in prayer, time to listen, just time to sit beside each other.  I know this process of letting go of all the (C) will be much easier with a deeper relationship with the only person who can truly rid my life of the (C).  Tonight I am looking forward to more time with HIM and thankful for the time I had with him today! Love you babe!

No comments: