Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 54- Just do it.

Sometimes there are things we do just because it needs to be done.  Tonight I feel that way about blogging. I have no desire to blog. There are things weighing heavy on my mind I don't know how to blog about.

I had a good day.  I spent time with a dear friend and that is always a good thing! Started Christmas shopping. (I never start this early!)  I went out to dinner with my husband and our god-daughter, Liesl.  Spending time with her was a blessing and such a joy! It is true it is so important for each of us to spend time with children.  It is good to laugh, eat ice cream, and review spelling words! I loved every second! 

Then Chris and I came home and worked on expense reports I need to turn in, a highly unpleasant task for me.  It has needed to be done for a very long time but I hate doing it.  I hate working on such things; however it just had to be done.  Just doing things like expense reports is very difficult for me.  I am not good at getting things done that I dread doing. Tonight I realized how difficult it is for me.  Not only is it a task I don't enjoy doing, but it is like getting in a hot tub of (C).  My dyslexia makes even writing the correct number down difficult.  I can't tell you how many times I would read numbers to Chris backwards, or just completely wrong.  I feel dumb and frustrated that it takes me so long. I start beating myself up about not keeping better records, wallowing in my inadequacies.

Tonight I am reminding myself how important it is to "Just do it" because it needs to get done. If I would face the things I hate to do in a more timely manner, it would be easier.  After all putting it off doesn't make it any better.

So tonight I am grateful for time spent with friends!
Very grateful for time spent with Liesl!
I need to work harder at "Just doing it" so that the difficult tasks don't keep piling up.
Realize the longer I wait to get busy, doing the unpleasant, the harder it becomes.  So Just Do IT!

Today's training schedule called for stretching and strength training.... DONE!

No comments: