Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 53- Perhaps the hardest thing I have ever done!

So here goes!  I am starting a huge challenge!  Bigger than anything I have done to date.   This past summer the girls and I agreed to run the Princess Half Marathon this coming Feb. 2012.  The Marathon will be on blog day 158! Here is the huge challenge.  Much bigger than the half marathon it-self is needing to stick to a training regiment.  I have known this was coming since our decision in July! However, back issues, sickness, helping others, travel, and frankly my own (C) has kept me from training as I should the past several months.  So today I decided to start a strict training regiment that will start tomorrow! It will be 15 weeks long.  I have it all worked out on a training schedule which I will look at each night and plan how to fit the runs and workouts into the next days  schedule.  I am beyond terrified that this body or my inability to stick with things will fail me, but I need to do this.  I need the exercise of body and mind.  I need to accomplish this.

Today Chris and I watched the movie "Emanuel's Gift" about a disabled Ugandan who not only is an amazing athlete, riding his bike for huge distances with one leg, but a young man who went on to change his entire country with a focus of determination to keep going and help others.  It was very inspirational.  I watched him and all the people in the movie with unbelievable challenges and yet they persevered. I watched them as I sat in my comfortable chair beside our fireplace and thought, "and what is keeping me from running the half marathon ?..."  Really?  Am I that pathetic?

So tomorrow I will start adding to this blog what I did for training that day.  It will just be an add-on to the bottom of the blog, just for me.  A record to keep track of my progress.  I also need to get serious about eating the way I should and feeding this body good nutritious food to keep it fueled to endure what I am going to be putting it through. I am quite certain the biggest issue for me is not physical, but mental.  I hate exercising I find excuses and reasons I can't get it done.  That has to stop for the next 105 days.  For the next 105 days I will love exercise, I will love pushing my body.  I will love it!!!!!!!!!! Yes I will!!!!! Yes I will!!!!!

So today I have been fighting the (C) of "I'm not an athlete, what is my problem, there is no way, you don't stick to anything" and more and more. But I am putting that all down.  I can do this!  I can keep going, training, and sticking to something that is important to me. 

So here I go ready or not! 

1 comment:

Becca Anderson said...

You've got this! I'm so excited for you and your journey.