Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 63- Thanksgiving early.

We are at Chris's mothers home where we have just finished a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It was healthy, beautiful, and absolutely delicious.  More special than the food has been spending time with Prissy and Larry.  How blessed I am to have in laws who I genuinely like and enjoy talking with.  What a blessing I am to be married to a man who was raised by such a godly woman. What a blessing to watch her interact with my children and know they are genetically and emotionally connected! I feel so blessed tonight. 

Today on our way here, Chris and I received a phone call from Grandma Grissom.  She was calling to let us know that her daughter (Chris's aunt Brenda) died this morning of a massive heart attack. We have not been close to Brenda, but dearly love his grandmother Grissom and are very sad to know that she has survived her husband and both of her children.  What a lonely place to be.  She now has just three grandchildren living and her great grandchildren. (Anna, Sarah and Andrew)  Chris is her oldest living descendant. I am also so sad for Brenda's two daughters loosing their mother the day before Thanksgiving.  It just made me sad.  The news has slightly changed our plans.  Chris is headed tomorrow morning to Macon, GA to be with his grandmother and I will head home with our kids.  We decided the whole family would be to much during this stressful time, and if just Chris goes he can stay as long as he needs. 

The news helped to put things in perspective.  I want to take time this Thanksgiving to thank the Lord for my family! I want to thank the Lord for health!  I want to thank the Lord for all of you!  I want to treasure every moment! I am determined to get healthy, both physical and emotional.  I want to spend my days praising God for his amazing blessings! I want to spend my days focusing on all he has done! I want to spend time each day with God. 

At first hearing the news just deeply saddened me.  It is still very sad, but I am so appreciative of the reminder to really spend this Thanksgiving to share my appreciation to those I love.  There is no better time to affirm one another.  There is no better time to praise God from who all blessings flow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tonight I am praising God! Tonight I am affirming family and friends.  Tonight I am Thankful! So very Thankful!

No comments: