Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 69- If there is any good!!!!!

I am so excited to be writing tonight because I have something exciting to write about! I was having lunch with Rick and Beth when I realized something....As we were talking I shared several stories about people that were down right negative.  Perhaps true, but negative.  Two stories that were almost off topic completely, but they were of no value, just sharing negative (C) about others.  That is NOT ME!!!!

I remember when I was a young mom and I realized I was depressed when I kept thinking negative thoughts about others and when I couldn't muster the strength to give people compliments when I was thinking it!  Well today was another... Ahah moment (as Oprah would say)...  Today I realized that recently I have been negative about those around me.  First to Rick and Beth, I am sorry for sharing negativity today!  The lunch was so enjoyable and you were such an encouragement and I love being with you!!!! There was nothing  negative about the entire lunch yet I found negative things to say and I am sorry for that.  Both of you (Rick and Beth) were uplifting and positive and I am so appreciative that you we a contrast to my negativity highlighting what I know I want to be.  Even what I am.  Thank you for so much today!

Here is the deal.  I have always believed that we are called to focus on the positive.  "Whatsoever things are good...if there is any good, think on THESE things."  I know this journey and this process is incredibly important.  I know that I need to go through this process, but I also know the focus has been perhaps a little strong on the (C).  Yes I know I have to find it to correct it or get rid of it, but there needs to be more time spent on the truth, on Christ!  I need a rest from the (C) and focus on the possitive, in myself, and in others. 

So for starters I want to focus on the truth, and I want to find the positive in those around me.  I started my day running, had a wonderful breakfast with my husband, was welcomed back to school, with Beth excited to see me... it is amazing what a wonderful blessing that was in my day!  Reminds me how important it is to share our excitement about seeing each other more often.  Thanks Beth!  Had a wonderful  text from Maria! There is nothing better than knowing people who love you are praying for you! I was able to get a lot accomplished and then have had a wonderful ride with my husband to Raleigh.

Tonight I am reminded that I am worthy, because He has paid the price!
Tonight I am reminded that I am sexy, (bet you weren't expecting that..lol) because I have a husband who finds me that way!
Tonight I am reminded that I can choose to see the blessings and see the good truth in others. I can then share the good news.
Tonight I am reminded that when trying to weed out the (C) in my life I need to make sure and spend more time finding the good!

No comments: