Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 51- It is friday again.

Tonight it has been 7 weeks since I started this process. Can you believe it?  Seven weeks.  For those of you who love to have routine and are good at sticking to your routines I am sure seven weeks sounds like nothing.  For me however, this is quite amazing!  I'm happy and feel like this is a great exercise for me. I am thankful to God for this journey that He is taking me on.

Tonight just as Chris and I were talking about heading to bed, I headed into the kitchen to make sure everything was put away.  There were a few dishes left from the food preparation for tomorrows meal that needed washing. I wanted to get them done before going to bed, but didn't want to have Chris wait for me, so decided they could wait for tomorrow morning. At that moment Chris came into the kitchen and asked if he could help with anything.  I told him no, I was just putting away some food.  In that instant I knew what I really wanted to do was to finish the dishes and make a quick pie crust so the dough could rest in the fridge over night.  However, to accomplish both would mean holding him up.  I am terrible at asking for that.  He is always the best, most helpful husband, but I'm not good at asking when I need something.  It is because, I feel guilty that he helps so much, I feel like I should have it all done before he comes home. Perhaps all this is (C) but I'm not even ready to say that.  I want to be the kind of wife that gets lots done and he just reaps the benefits without all the aggravation.
So back to tonight, I decided I should mention the dishes.  Long story short, I am now blogging for just a couple minutes, he is sitting by the fire, the pie crust is resting in the fridge, the dishes are all washed and put away and I am going to bed at peace.  I must start accepting his kindness!  It isn't even so much about asking as it is accepting (because he is always offering).  I'm not sure where my hesitation to ask comes from.  I will work on that, but for now I will just try to be more willing to accept.
Happy Sabbath everyone! I hope tomorrow is a blessed day for all! I know I will have a much better day just because I was willing to accept Chris's amazing love tonight! It is amazing the difference such a small thing makes! 

1 comment:

Becca Anderson said...

I struggle with these issues as well. I like how you put this-- very relevant to how I often feel. Love you. We are so very blessed!