Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 55- A day late...

Good morning,  I am late getting this post written.  I woke up yesterday with a terrible migraine and even after medication, it lingered most of the day.  The computer screen was not something I could look at for more than a couple minutes at a time. So it had to wait till this morning.

I am doing much better today.


Yesterday was supposed to be the first run on my training schedule that I am so determined to do.  The migraine put a halt to my plans.  It led to a day filled with contemplation.  Monday evening, Carolyn really challenged me, questioning my training program that has 5 days a week of running. At first, I was about to be upset by what she was saying, until I realized it was (C) I was adding to what she was saying that was bothering me more than anything.  Don't we all do that a lot.  Someone says something and it hurts are feelings because of what we think they are really saying, not what they are actually saying.  Well, it is crap! I know my friend, I know she loves me.   I know she would not say anything to bring me down, insult me, or anything that wasn't intended to be for my encouragement.  So with the (C) set down, I started trying to listen to what she was saying.  Then the next morning, migraine.  Putting a halt to my plans right off the bat.

I say my plans because I decided I wasn't sure how prayerfully I had looked at the training program.  I decided yesterday instead of fighting the migraine, I would take meds and rest, sleep, and pray.  It was a relatively good day, considering.  Chris came home earlier than expected and made me a wonderful dinner.  I spent several hours sleeping.

My conclusion on the training issue was this... I am going to keep most of it the same, however, Thursday will be "cross training" and my ballet is going to count for that.  I was previously planning to run and do ballet in the same day.  So the plan is something like this, Mon. rest, Tues. run, Wed, run, Thur, ballet, Fri.run, Sabbath rest, Sunday long run.  I think that is much more reasonable. I will also, do my best to keep the plan in my schedule, however on days like yesterday I will surrender it to Christ and take care of myself.  (Without guilt).

I am feeling much better.  I think I listened, adjusted, while maintaining my convictions. Most importantly,  I prayed a lot yesterday and really believe that I am doing this for the right reasons and that he will guide and direct me in this process.

I'm sorry it took a migraine to get me to stop with my plans and be still and quiet and listen.  So today I woke up and went for a run.  I ran more, and walked less, It was right at 2 miles, which is what was scheduled for today.

I am now off to work, I have a sermon to prepare, work to get to the printers, letters to write, phone calls to make and so on and so forth. Happy day everyone!

2 comments:

Grissom said...

http://www.trifuel.com/training/run/a-marathon-training-program-real-people-with-busy-schedules

There are lots more articles. And a story I think I told you about the guy who trained alot less then the "normal" amount and did better. Sounds like you have a good plan going. I would love to help you with it if you need. Even tho I dont run lots, I know lots about it. :) proud of you!

Beth Grissom said...

Thank you so much for this!!! I read a lot more last night and will continue revising! I really appreciate it!