Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 64 Thanksgiving

This has perhaps been one of the weirdest Thanksgivings ever.  This morning Chris kissed me good-by very early as he left his mothers house to go to be with his grandmother Grissom.  I was very happy for him to go, but was sad to see him leave.  We had a wonderful breakfast and conversation with Prissy (Chris's mother) and then soon after breakfast Andrew left to go to Becca's home.  Then a hour or so later we (Anna, Sarah, and myself) loaded up the car and headed for home. 

The trip home was nice, we talked a lot, cried some, laughed and were board.  It was a very long 5:45 min. drive that seemed to never end.  Coming home with just the girls on Thanksgiving was strange.  Thanksgiving is all about family and not being all together was just down right weird.  We started talking about how we would spend the weekend, and started focusing on a girl focused fun weekend.  Our "Thanksgiving dinner" was a stop at a Dunkin Doughnuts in a gas station where we were stopping for a potty break.  (That sounds terrible, really we had an amazing dinner with my mother in law the night before. So we had already had Thanksgiving dinner). 

Having Chris and Andrew gone, and knowing that Chris is gone because of death just reminds me how important family is.  How important it is to count our blessings and praise God for all he does.  So tonight, that is all I want to do.  Praise God and give thanks...

I am so thankful for...
Chris, Anna, Sarah, Andrew, Mom, Dad, Prissy, Larry, Paul, Jon, Peter, Mary, Jolene, Alisha, Kurt, Gene, Suzanne, Luke, Elden, Jolin, Tad, Jonathan, Grandmother Grissom, Grandmother and Grandfather Steen, Gra, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Becca, Kevin, Friends, Jobs, Church, Praise,
I am so thankful for...
delicious food, a roof over our head, laughter, romance, a mind, challenges, victories, and the color red.
I am so thankful for...
children who every day make me proud! who are not perfect but who love the Lord, each other, and have a heart to serve others... for all the joy they bring. 
I am so thankful for...
a relationship with my creator that fulfills me, strengthens me, challenges me, comforts me, forgives me, sustains me.
I am so thankful for...
ballet, for all things that sparkle and red (yes I already said that, somethings bear repeating! :)).
I am thankful for...
Pisgah, University City SDA Church, Southern, and JJ Heller.
I am thankful for...
conversations that challenge me, sermons that impress me and people who make me laugh.
I am thankful for...
Chris, a man who will give up his Thanksgiving to honor his grandmother and be a comfort and support for her.  For Chris, who has loved me in my most unlovable moments, and who promised to always be my support.  For Chris who romances me, laughs with me, has passion for me, who will hug me and make everything better.  For Chris who has forgiven me so many times it makes me sad to think how much and still opens his heart everyday.  For Chris who I am missing terribly tonight. 

I am thankful for..... A thankful heart!
Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: