Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 56- Getting Behind

After a wonderful start to my day, I realized I had a committee meeting scheduled for tonight I had forgotten about.  Then I had the privilege of driving in rain and thick grayness. It was such a dismal day. Arriving at Pisgah, just highlighted all the things I need to be getting done and how far behind I feel like I am getting.  The problem is this... when I get behind I start giving myself a hard time, (that is the nice way of saying it)  I am just wallowing in (C). Today, I have tried to give it to God and let being behind not be license to rip myself apart but it is just being behind! Needing to catch up does not = that I'm a complete failure.  Needing to catch up doesn't = I am worthless.  So today I prayed that God would give me the strength to face my short comings, and the strength to set down the (C) and simply get to work on catching up. 

It helped. I can honestly say I am getting things done and will get caught up.  The meeting went till  11pm and I have a breakfast date with my wonderful cousin Geoff, so I will keep this short.

Today I asked for strength to face what I need to improve upon, while not wallowing in (C). 
Tonight I am going to sleep with the assurance that I am a work in progress and with God's help I will succeed.  Tonight, I know this process is helping.  I heard a friend today taking on (C). She was weighed down with so much unnecessary (C).  I wanted to say to her..."SET IT DOWN!!!!".... but she hasn't been reading this blog and would have no idea.  I was so thankful I recognized it.  Tonight I am encouraged that walking this journey with God, and finding strength in Him will help me to live free!

No comments: