Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 49 Proof!

Well here it is! Proof that I raised my hands and faced a fear. When I see this picture I want to critique me, but when I think of looking to the sky and praising my Lord with arms raised, all critique falls away and tears come to my eyes.  I am very simply a child of God.  He loves me, He adores me and He is thrilled to see me learning to be free! Learning to be free and learning to really praise him.  When looking at this picture, if I critique, it is all about me, when I see a girl, or a woman who is praising her Lord, the picture is all about HIM!

This is a wonderful example of why this process is important.  If twirling on a hill I am over come with insecurities, thinking about how I look, how I am moving, what I am wearing, feeling completely awkward etc, then I am not free to do what I am created to do which is praise HIM!

I have to admit I am far from there.  I hesitated to post this picture, but that was when I was critiquing.  When I forced myself to put down the (C) and look at this picture and see the young girl or the 42 year old woman who desperately wants to praise Him, I had to share.  It has inspired me to keep going.  To face some of the issues much bigger than dance and picture taking.  It has inspired me to keep going. I have also decided that toward the end of this process, I would like to have Tonya take pictures again. It will be fun to see, and more fun to do. 

If tonight or ever you have questioned your value, your beauty, your strength, your intelligence, or your ability to succeed, STOP! Please don't waste one more moment or thought on such lies. We were all created in His image. He paid for us, (we are highly valued), with him all things are possible, and all wisdom comes from him, we need but ask.  I am saddened by the number of years spent holding on to so much (C).  When looking at that picture, I just kept thinking that I should have been doing that when I was 10, 20, 30, or any year before or after.  Why has it taken so long?  Please if you are reading this, please set it down and let him give you the freedom needed to love Him and others with wild abandon! Let Him heal you, free you, and ultimately transform you!

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

No comments: