Friday, June 8, 2012

253- Sunday Open House

Sunday morning of camp meeting is usually a wonderful time.  We are able to clean, pack up and then go to Shoneys for breakfast.  It has been a long standing family tradition.  This Sunday was very different.  Yes we had to pack and clean but then we were off to Pisgah to host an open house.  The team gathered and we headed over to the school.  Becca, already had things together and was going strong.  It was amazing watching her work, her spark, her ideas.  It was such a blessing.

Open House was a huge success.  Several families attended, we served lunch to 55 people, gave tours, and 5 families had conversations with Kevin, the finance guy!  That is usually a very good sign.

After Open House we started cleaning up and packing to head 6 plus hours to the coast.  Things were a mess and I spent time trying to get things organized and know what we wanted to do!  After getting everything loaded, after getting everything in the shuttle, we said our goodby's, and I started the shuttle.  Before heading off campus, I felt impressed that I needed to look for my credit card.  All week at camp meeting, my daughter Anna and her friend Brittani took my credit card to do the grocery shopping. I thought they had put in back in my wallet but I wasn't sure.  I decided to check and sure enough I had nothing.  I did find another card to a different account, it was not the account with school funds in it, I was so disappointed.  I was disappointed in myself for not making sure I had my card.  I was disappointed that I had to call my husband and ask him to bale me out.  I had no choice, I called Chris to find out the balance on the other card.  In a few minutes we were set and on our way.

It is amazing to me how such a little thing can impact me so much.  I just forgot to get the card and yet it created this layer of self loathing.  This layer of (C). I literally start calling myself names.    It took a while for me to let go of it.  As we drove and talked I finally was able to let it go.  To focus on the people around me. To find joy in the blessings I was experiencing.

No comments: