Monday, June 11, 2012

260- Close to the count down!

I am five days from starting the last 100 posts.  It is amazing to me to think I am that close to completing this year long journey.  Driving today across country I spent some time contemplating the past two hundred and fifty nine days... am I any closer to having more days or more hours in the day when I am not treasuring piles of (C)? Is it easier to identify? The next 5 days I am going to consider a way or a focus for the last 100 posts.  I am considering a couple options so stay tuned.

Today as I drove the shuttle from Fayetteville, NC to Kernersville, NC we passed a lot of so so scenery.  Nothing very spectacular, no mountains, no amazing sky, just tree lined highway with sky so unmemorable I can't tell you if it was blue, sunny or over cast.  I kept hoping for something that was spectacular or interesting, something to speak to me, remind me of something, or tell a story.  At one point I saw buzzards eating a carcass.... not exactly the inspiring view I was hoping for.  Then finally up ahead in the nondescript scenery was a stretch of highway with the tall lights with arms reaching out over the highway.  I love those tall gray lights.


Now we were driving mid day so the view of the upcoming lights were not  spectacular like this picture... they were just tall grey arms reaching out over both lanes of traffic.  As I approached them I realized how much I love the look of these lights.  At first I was puzzled as to why... and then I remembered.  As a child, we seemed to always be traveling somewhere.  I would spend hours in the back seat, with my head leaning against the window. I can remember in Ethiopia driving that way at night and seeing nothing, not a light not anything except blackness unless the moon and the stars were out.  I can remember driving like that with my head against the window and looking up at signs as we passed through towns in the US.  I have so many memories... but hands down my favorite of all my window memories was driving late at night, the whole car being asleep except for the driver and me, I would press my face up against the window and when those tall double armed grey lights would come into view. It was the most magical thing.  Every car sparkled, the light danced off of every surface, at times it would be so bright it seemed like day, but it wasn't, It was a magical time.  I would hope to run into those lights.  Today as I shared my memory with Becca, I realized the reason I loved it so much was because of the sparkle and the energy it brought.  I do like a beautiful moon or a sky full of stars, or the total blackness.  It is all peaceful and calming!  But those lights, those lights brought so much to life, and the sparkle against the cars was a beautiful sight.

I know I have blogged a lot about sparkle.  In fact I just did a couple days ago.  Perhaps because sparkle is important to me.  It represents a freedom to be who I want to be, the gaudy adorned little girl with fake gems on, it represents cleanliness, it represents polish and order, it represents beauty, it represents energy and joy!  I love peoples eyes that sparkle, the ocean on a sunny day, diamonds, Christmas lights, greeting cards with glitter, bedazzled clothes, and beveled mirrors. I like to have something that sparkles in every room of my house. I want to sparkle with joy, with anticipation, with freedom, with confidence. 

I know when I started this process I had no idea how much I like sparkles, and now I do! That is huge.  Perhaps I am aware of my love for sparkles because I am not carrying around as much (C) as I once did.  Perhaps it is because I am just a little more free to be me!

Living MtC today included, embracing my love for all things that sparkle!!!! 

No comments: