Saturday, June 23, 2012

272- Celebrate!

I've said it many times, but I do love to celebrate!  Last night after blogging, after some precious time with my husband, after finding out my sons favorite team won, my daughter Anna walked into our bedroom with her ipad.  She was checking to see if she had passed or failed her nursing boards.  It showed that results were in, she needed a credit card to pay for the early results, her dad took the ipad, whipped out his card and started typing in the info.  She was coming apart with fear, nervous doesn't cover it.... Her dad then looks up and says well hello Nurse Anna!!!!  She passed.  She danced around the room, we all cried for joy, what a big moment!  My little baby is a nurse. How is that possible, where did the time go?  It seems like just yesterday Chris and I found out, much to our surprise that we were pregnant.  Then nine months later she forever changed our lives.  She is such a gem, so full of love and joy, she is young at heart, sings beautifully and is a smart young woman.  When I see hurts and struggles in her life it is easy to look at what I did wrong as a parent, what I wish I had done differently, and yet I have to remember, in a weird way that makes it all about me!  It is not about me.  She is not just a product of what I did or didn't do she is an amazing human being who we had the honor of trying to nurture and protect enough to grow her to adulthood. 

So today, I am celebrating who she is, who the Lord designed her to be. I am loving her and so proud of who and what she is! 

Tonight we drove up to Statesville to have a fireside supper with the youth.  It was a wonderful time, lots of singing, fellowship, games and worship.  It was a nice way to start the Sabbath. 

God is good, and tonight as I fall asleep I am thanking him for my girl and all the joy she has brought to my life.  Tonight I am praising God for the beauty that surrounds us.  Tonight I am thankful for a day where celebrating was more on my mind than (C).  I like it that way!!!!!

No comments: