Monday, June 18, 2012

267- Fathers Day!

Fathers Day!  A great time to thank our fathers and the fathers of our children for all they have done!!!!  I have so much to be thankful for in this department!   My father was wonderful at showing me love, making me want to be better, helping me believe I was worth something! He was an all around great dad!  I remember thinking as a teenager that I hoped I could marry someone who would be as good a dad to my children.   God answered my prayer for sure!  Chris is far from a perfect man, but he is an amazing dad to our three. 

Today I enjoyed spending time with the father of my children.  We took a motorcycle ride to Salisbury, (the town where we married) and ate breakfast.  Then we drove home. It was a beautiful day, and around ever corner seemed to be another beautiful post card perfect view.  It was just amazing!  After arriving home Chris and I just spent time together connecting.  Becca had taken the students to the mall, and Anna was studying so the house was quiet. What a wonderful time we had!

So it was a perfect day.... right.... well almost.  I did struggle with some (C) but I did put forth a serious effort to keep my eyes on Christ, to keep setting it down if possible.  Chris and I decided to go for a motorcycle ride, quite early on.  I was excited except for one thing.  It meant I would have to try on m new motorcycle jacket.  Chris really wanted me to have a nice jacket with all the protective elements, however I am.... well lets just say ample, and not your typical biker chick.  Most companies don't make jackets to fit me.  those that do seem to have there own size scale. All the reviews kept saying they ran terribly small.  I finally decided to try, and ordered it.  I was not home when it arrived so it has just been sitting there.  I was going to have to try it on.  I hate...Hate...HATE trying on clothes in front of people.  See if it doesn't fit me it is because something is wrong with me not the clothes.... stupid....yes....reality... yes~~~~~  So back to this morning.  Chris asked me to try it on, Becca was there, and Chris and he wanted me to just try it on in front of them  I was terribly uncomfortable but I did.  I tried to wash away the crap to set it down and just try it on.  I pulled it out of the box and it looked way too small!  I was sure there was no way it would fit.  At this point I am about ready panic, but I kept fighting it, smiled for my man, and put it on....... IT FIT PERFECT!!!!!   All that uncomfortableness for nothing!!

So we went riding and I loved my new jacket.  IT is cool and cute too!  I am literally falling asleep typing, so I suppose I should call it a night!  I love the two most important fathers in my life... Chris and Daddy!  Thank you both for being wonderful examples of Christs love!!!!!!

No comments: