Sunday, June 17, 2012

266- Home Sweet Home

What a happy Sabbath day it has been.  This is going to be a short post.... I am falling asleep listening to the rhythm of my husbands snore!!!!!!!! How wonderful to be home! It has been a very long day that started with a beautiful sunrise shining in my window around 6am.  It was a beautiful way to wake up. There are many blessings to share, many many, but I will just share my favorite.  I'm HOME!!!! I went on a date with my husband tonight, we spent lots of time talking and talking.  What a wonderful blessing to connect. 

As my spirits lifted and my fears were calmed or silenced, as all that I had been yearning for just hours earlier was fulfilled, I couldn't help but think about how much we are missing when we don't spend time with Christ.  He is right there all the time, wanting, yearning and ready to spend time with us.  Spending time with him will calm our fears, strengthen our minds, soften our hearts, and put a sparkle in our eyes.  I understand I have something rare and amazing with Chris, but each of us has the ability to have a relationship with Christ that is far better, so much more amazing.

This past week I have struggled with fear, doubt, and after today I know what I have to do, I have to make sure I am spending quality connecting time with Christ.  Yes I would love to spend every minute with Chris, but frankly even Chris can't fill my heart, I need Jesus!  So today, with all the joys that Sabbath brings I am so thankful to be with my husband, but even more, I am thankful to be reminded how important it is to simply spend time with Christ.  I need to read His word, pray, and listen.  I am challenging myself to do my best to really double the time I spend in bible study and prayer.

Today living MtC was easy.... I'm thankful for time with my husband and for the reminder that daily I can have even more if I am spending time with God!

But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, (Beth)
   the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
   I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
   When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
   it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
   The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
   all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
   That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
   trade the creation just for you.
Isaiah 43:1-4

No comments: