Saturday, June 9, 2012

258- I'm caught up!!! Happy Sabbath Everyone!!!!!

I think it is fitting to be caught up on Friday night since I started this journey on a Friday night! Friday night is always my favorite time of the week.  Sabbath is nice but I like evening celebrations and Friday night is a weekly one!

So tonight my blog is about snoring, or purring (I've decided we ladies don't snore we just purr! :))  Last night after an incredible long day we arrived in Fayetteville, NC.  We are being graciously hosted by a teacher, who is renting a 1950's home that is huge.  The girls are sleeping in the living room and the boys in the family room.  We are all on the floor, however the girls graciously gave me the couch.  As we readied for bed last night I was exhausted.  I had a stressful experience (which I will save for another day) and I was finally ready to fall asleep.  I was stressed about one thing though.  I know I snore.  I'm not sure how much or how loud, but I snore, especially when I am exhausted.  Knowing how tired I was, I knew I was going to snore... oops... purr.  I was stressed that I would bother the girls, and just that little thing made me start piling (C) on myself.  After all if I was skinny I most likely wouldn't snore.  I just need to loose weight etc.   Realizing I was starting to pile (C) on myself, simply because I might "purr", I decided I needed to blog!

So I picked up my computer and started to write out a couple of the blogs I had missed.  As I sat there and blogged about random stuff, three of these perfect, tiny, beautiful girls started to purr!  Tears came to my eyes as I listened to them purr in rhythmic harmony.  Not because they were purring but because it was just a beautiful  little gift from God.   He could not have said it better.  After all, he took perfect youth, what we all wish our bodies would stay, and in that moment took away every possible (C) angle I had!

Today living MtC takes listening to the Holy Spirit!  Listen to what he says instead of the (C) we pile on ourselves. As I write there is a chorus of purrers filling the room!  What a blessing to here the Holy Spirit say, "sleep my girl, join them and just rest!"


No comments: