Thursday, June 21, 2012

271- More hard work

Today was again filled with working at the same place as yesterday.  I used bleach water to clean the trim on both houses, girls painted, boys dug out another huge stump and all in 94 degree weather.  The students were troopers and we accomplished a lot!

This is going to be a very short post, because my husband is on his way home and time with him is precious! It is going to be a very short post, because I am exhausted beyond words!

This day was free of (C) thanks to serving others, exhaustion and encouraging scripture.  I kept thinking today how I need to plan in my daily life, my everyday personal free time someway to serve those around me, those who can't do for themselves.  I know my life is crazy, but I feel healthier tonight, both mentally and physically.  I would like to find a place similar to where we were today and just find a way to help.  Working for those who can't do for themselves, has a way of highlighting the many blessings in my life and they are many.  Tonight I am thankful for three healthy children who are growing into amazing adults! Tonight I am thankful for a husband who loves me just as I am!  Tonight I am thankful for more friends than I can number.  Tonight I am thankful for a job that gives me the opportunity to grow and learn!  Tonight I am thankful for a Savior who loves me and yearns to spend time with me!  Tonight I am thankful for health, a bed, and flowers in pots by my  front steps! 

Living MtC was made possible today because of service, gratitude and a relationship with my Savior!

Romans 5:2-5 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

No comments: