Thursday, June 14, 2012

263- Sparkles... Ladies we should be shining!!!!!


Today in the midst of all things hectic and crazy I got a facebook message from Kim.  I was blown away and so thrilled!  Here is a portion of her message.


........."... a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised".. so i look up the Hebrew word for praise, and guess what, it means "to shine" and "to celebrate" so i'm thinking a woman who fears the Lord is sparkling all over the place and spreading the sparkle around... thought you might like that...
i'll be up to statesville when you all are there.. hugs

I almost shrieked out loud for joy when reading her message. So a woman who fears or loves the Lord should shine!  Shine!!! I love that so much I can't even begin to tell you.  I think the "Ellen"  or the conservative Christian church has valued dull. We are not to adorn, or do things to draw attention to ourselves. Not just in our dress but in our behavior, we have valued serious, intellectual, sober minded people. We try to be quiet, reverent, and even silent in our worship.  Yet a woman who loves the Lord will shine and celebrate.... that doesn't fit the above description to me.

I am not saying I will start wearing sequins everywhere, or that I will start piercing everywhere so I can wear diamonds all over, or that I will start buying glitter eye shadow.  Frankly it is not about the adornment issue for me... this is about my heart, my spirit, my eyes, and a little about my dress! 

I had a very difficult time sleeping last night.  I have been really missing Chris and our conversations have been frankly very short token, hello and I love you's, more than deep connecting conversations.  As a result, I have had a hard time sleeping well.  I have bad dreams about our relationship falling apart, I toss and turn and just think about him a lot.  Please know I am not really afraid of our relationship falling apart, but the more disconnected I feel the harder these days apart are. My whole day is affected. I 'm tired, grumpy, all around dull,  because I  don't have that connection.

Just the same I really believe in this world most of us are walking around desperately needing to have a connection with Christ. We are so Christ deprived that we are living nightmares, carrying around (C), and we are dark and dreary!  I am thrilled to think that the more I am Christ filled, the more I know him and love him.  If I can stop with the token, Lord help me prayers, the thank you for the food prayers and really develop a deep abiding relationship with him that I will truly shine!!!! and celebrate!!!!!! 

I want to just say one more thing.  I love that shine and celebrate don't in anyway coincide with dark and dull, or quiet and sober minded!  Ladies it is time to rock the shine!!!! To live loud and celebrate what Christ has done for us!!!!!!! Watch out.... the more the (C) is buried the more I will shine and sparkle!!!

Today living MtC came in part because of an incredible woman Kim Cove, who shared her insight in God's word. Thank you Kim!

No comments: