Saturday, June 9, 2012

257- Thursday We say good by

Today, Thursday was our last day in Wilmington.  Wed. we had the prayer meeting for the older folks in the main sanctuary.  It was nice and God blessed but we were all ready to once again have prayer meeting with the youth.  No offense to the older folks,  we were just looking forward to a setting more accepting perhaps.  The older folks were fine and we appreciated them too, but there is a difference somehow.

That started me thinking about the importance of being a constant welcoming, accepting individual, no matter our age.  We are never to old to love those around us.  Never to old to see each others strengths instead of their weaknesses.  Never to old to embrace each other right where we are at.

Our day was filled with hard work, cleaning and packing, then a few hours at the beach soaking up too much sun, and then to the church to change and praise God.  As we were about to start the meeting a mother came up to me, Nicholas' mother. She wanted to talk with me about getting her child into Pisgah.  She is struggling.  We talked, she asked questions and I decided the most important thing I can do is to affirm her, and share my testimony.  At one point a man came over where we were and said hello.  He seemed a little cool, but I wasn't sure if it was just a personality issue or what.  Then the wonderful amazing lady that we had been staying with interrupted to say goodby.  I said my goodbys, but I kept hearing what was being said next to me.  The man who had walked up was telling this woman that she didn't need to send him to Pisgah, he suggested they find a very conservative self supporting school.  He talked about the influences etc.  It was so discouraging.  After saying my goodbys I went back and sat down next to the woman.  The man had now left and she asked me a question about something, but I just ignored it and again said, "let me just tell you what my experience has been. What I have seen in my children.  I am going to share with you one mother to another.  I can't say it will be your experience or that Nicholas should come to Pisgah, I just want to share with you my testimony, and please use it as you prayerfully consider what is right for your family."  I started in on what has happened for my boy, about our dean, etc.  She then got real serious and said, "this is what I need to hear! I am tired and done with hearing about what people are afraid of! I want to hear what God HAS done, not all the other fearful stuff.  Your right, it might not be right for him, but I need to hear what it has been and can be!"

I left that conversation even more convicted of the importance to share my story! To share my testimony!  The importance of not sharing just facts and figures but sharing what Christ has done in the lives of my kids! I also think it is far more important that we have a story to share than a doctrine to teach or a prophesy to profess.  Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we should not have them!  I am not saying they are not important I am simply saying it is far more important that we have a story to tell!  Because to have a story you have to have an experiment.  To have a story you have to have a relationship with Christ!

Again,  to live a MtC life I know it is vitally important that we have a testimony to share to the world!


No comments: