Wednesday, June 20, 2012

270- Scrubbing...

Today has been quite the day.  I am exhausted and ready to fall into bed and it isn't even 10.  We went to Statesville, NC and worked at a home for the mentally challenged.  We were pressure washing, bleaching the eaves or soffits.  We also picked up the trimmings after the bushes were being trimmed, and the guys dug out stumps.  It was a very tiring and exhausting day.  I spent most of the day working on scrubbing mildew off the soffits.  It was quite a job.  Bleach water dripping all down my arms, dripping on my face, running down my back, lets just say gloves did not do there job!  It was a mess.  I stood there on the ladder watching the black mildew  disappear as soon as the bleach hits it.  It was quite amazing.  It reminded me of this blog.  I was wondering what would be as powerful on crap.  Bleach is to mildew as what is to crap? 

As I continued to work, and my hands were burning from the bleach it dawned on me. Serving others, or cleaning up for others.  There was something magical, something wonderful about cleaning up for these wonderful individuals who needed some help.  All day I was filled with joy.  With joy filling my heart there was no room for (C).  As the mildew disappeared the white started to shine.  It was no longer dulled from the mildew.  It caught the sunlight and looked so much better! 

If I want to sparkle, if I want to really live without the dulling affects of (C) I need to make sure that there is always time used to help others clean up their lives too!  Helping and serving others is an essential element of living MtC!

It was an incredibly hard day and yet it was filled with such satisfaction and joy!  My fingers still hurt, we are all soar and yet it was an amazing day!  A huge thanks to Pastor Cove for arranging this opportunity for us and working incredibly hard too!  What a blessing!

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1Peter 4:10-12

No comments: