Sunday, June 10, 2012

259- Sabbath is a happy Day!

Today we were worshiping with the Fayetteville Church.  I have been there for a graduation a couple years ago, but other than that I have never been to this church.  It is always a little uncomfortable going to a new church.  Yes we are all Seventh-day Adventist Christians, but there is no question it is like going into another persons home, it can be nice but not the same as being home. 

We were able to show our video and they gave me a couple minutes to talk about Pisgah.  Then when the service got under way a gentleman got up and had special music.  He was a very nice looking man, military, and then the music started.  It was soul filled gospel.  Beautiful,  then he started to sing, and wow it was amazing.  The words were powerful, his voice strong and beautiful, and the music filled with soul!  It was amazing!  I started to close my eyes and then I realize part of what made is so wonderful was watching him.  He obviously had a connection to this song and to the lyrics.  Watching him experience it as he sang added to the power.  I couldn't help but soak up the amazing words.  They talked about coming back to Jesus, about being willing to follow him! 

After he finished, I just praised God.  I know music is a vital part of this journey of learning to live MtC and today the Lord provided not just any music, but amazing music that completely ministered to my heart!  This Sabbath day was filled with other blessings too, like good food, an amazing nap, great fun with the youth of the fayetteville church tonight, and also a great special music given by our students.  All in all it was an amazing day!  So today again living with out the (C) was made possible because of music and the way it draws me to Christ. 

No comments: