Sunday, June 24, 2012

273- Continued

Wow I feel blessed!  I can not begin to describe how full I am right now! Yesterday was a beautiful day full to the brim with blessings.  This morning has already been filled with little and big blessings. 

Yesterday started very early as I headed up to Statesville, NC with the recruiting team to attend church.  It meant up and out early.  We made it on time, participated in Sabbath School, then a snack time between services and on to Church.  During the church service we had some music, a children's story, showed a DVD and then special music.  Frankly it all seemed a little flat... I'm not sure what was up with the students, perhaps they were tired, maybe just shy, but I was worried.  I wondered what I could have done better to inject some energy into them.  Then I just stopped thinking and prayed that the Lord would take our offering, take it and use it.  I prayed for the church, the recruiting team, for me, for my family, for our school.  After praying I was able to just exhale and enjoy.  Pastor Cove, had a wonderful sermon that was filled with an illustration that was powerful!  I won't share it all but in the end a young girl was rescued by her daddy, it was a poignant illustration of our heavenly fathers desire to rescue us all! Such a blessing!

Then after church it was time for pot luck and we spent the entire time talking with potential or perspective families.  It was wonderful!  The kids really connected!  I had an amazing conversation with a woman who has been very hurt by the church, who frankly has so much (C) from a life time of hardship that I ached for her.  She inspired me with her story, and I know God is not done with her yet!!!!  It was one of those conversations that you come away from knowing we met at this time for the purpose of that conversation.  It was such a blessing!

Then the drive home, with just enough time to change and go to the Faith Family and Freedom concert in Charlotte.  I arrived home to find my husband in bed, climbed in next to him and almost decided to send the students with Becca and spend the evening at home with my man, but the thoughts of seeing the fireworks display got me out of bed!!!!  It was a long long long concert with many Christian music artists.  I enjoyed it, but kept looking forward to the fireworks.

Finally the fireworks started and I realized I was standing there with a girlish grin on my face just relishing in the delight of the show.  I wondered what it was about fireworks that just thrills my soul. Perhaps the patriotic celebration, perhaps the memories of a child laying in the grass on the side of a hill watching fireworks, perhaps because in Ethiopia we didn't have the opportunity to watch fire works..... then a huge amazing fireworks exploded in the sky and I just started giggling!  It was all of the above reasons.... but mostly it was the fact that they sparkle!!!! They sparkle in colors!  For thirty minutes I can sit and watch the sky sparkle in time to amazing music praising God!  HUGE BLESSING!!!!!!

Then after it all we drove to Sonic and fed all 11 of us.  Amy (our server) was cheerful and amazing to us all! It was just an added bonus to the evening. 

This morning as I was getting in the shower, I saw just out of our picture window a beautiful sight.  Two spotted baby deer with their mother in our back yard.  The baby deer were frolicking as if they didn't have a care in the world, while the mother stood with her ears twitching watching diligently for any sign of danger.  As I watched those beautiful creatures dancing, I thought of the text that says we need to become like little children. I yearned to be frolicking like those fawns.  I yearn to have not a care in the world.  Is that impossible, being an adult in a sinful world.  Do I have to be like the doe, who had to be on the watch, constantly aware, and searching for danger?   I'm not sure of the answer but I do know that my protector is in heaven, I can trust Him with everything, and I think it is His desire that we leave so much at his feet that we can be frolicking as fawns.  What a wonderful thought!

Today was filled with so many blessings I feel blessed to be a child of God!  Yesterday living MtC was made possible in part by keeping my eyes on the incredible blessings of God.

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

No comments: