Friday, June 29, 2012

277- Back to work

So Wednesday we spent doing the work of recruiting.  We called people, facebooked people, we texted people.  Prayed for people, and wrote thank you notes to the many people who have been helping us out this summer. 

Writing thank you notes is a wonderful art that should not be lost.  I have to confess, I have written lots of notes in my life that were never delivered.  (something about follow thru I have a problem with :( ).  But today as we were writing I saw a complete change in me.  There is something humbling about writing thank you notes.  To express gratitude for what others have done for you! 

After today, I think I have to draw the conclusion that living MtC should include writing thank you notes on a regular basis.  It was wonderful to experience the change in me.  Some of our time was used just sitting and trying to think who else we should thank.  When was the last time you just sat down and thought.  We should write thank you notes.  Who should we thank and for what?  We were thanking people for providing food, places to stay, work, for invitations.  Just the process of contemplating who we were going to thank was beneficial. 

Living MtC should include a heart of gratitude and the expression of that gratitude.  Gratitude left unsaid or kept to ones self does can be not only benefitless but a waste. 

No comments: