Wednesday, June 20, 2012

269- (Late) Celebrating

My daughter Anna took her nursing boards today.  We still have not heard how she did but we wanted to celebrate her just talking them!!!!  I am of the firm opinion that it is fun to celebrate everything you can, especially where our kids are concerned.  After all this world is not an easy place to navigate and I want them to know that their parents are celebrating them!!!

So we planned a celebration at a new restaurant called Fern.  It is a vegetarian restaurant that was quite delicious. We went with the Kendalls, ate food and just talked and caught up, and celebrated Anna!  Anna is an amazing girl, smart, hard working, kind, and always on time!  She has always done very well in school, but her experience taking the boards was incredibly difficult and scary.  She has prepared well, and yet it wasn't anything she was expecting.  There were no questions about several sections, like pediatrics and obstetrics and tons and tons of questions about drugs. She really struggled and is not feeling very confident! 

I have a real problem with people being disappointed. It makes me sick to my stomach and I stress way more than I should.... or perhaps I should say I used to.  I found today being able, being free to just celebrate and love my girl, and assure her that no matter the outcome, she is amazing and I adore her!  I'm not sure why the change except to say that it is so much easier to just let go of things.  I have confidence that she will make it through and she will be an amazing nurse.  If it takes her another try or not it doesn't matter. 

It was also so nice to also spend time with friends!

Today living MtC included celebrating!  I really believe it is important to celebrate, to celebrate what Christ has done for us to celebrate those we love, to celebrate!!!! 

Hallelujah! I will celebrate Jehovah with my whole heart, in the council of the upright, and in the assembly. Psalms 111:1

No comments: