Saturday, June 9, 2012

255- Still getting Caught up on Posting....Tues. Back to Work!

After our amazing day of rest on Monday we got back to work.  We started by practicing music for a "prayer meeting" with the youth in the Wilmington Church.  The recruiting team started practicing and Becca directed them.  It was such a blessing watching her share her wisdom and talent with the younger generation. The recruiting team also seemed to really appreciate her guidance. In a matter of hours they really came together and started making some really wonderful music.  At one point one of the girls asked if Becca was going to sing and she just said, "Oh no this is about you."  She is such a talent and I love hearing her sing, and yet watching her mentor was a huge blessing too!  I am so proud of her! 

After practice and a little rest we headed to pick up pizza and then ended up at the church.  At first no one showed up.  Then a couple girls and later a boy.  We sang, had a worship and then played a couple mixer type games.  It was fun and simple.  We found out that the boy desperately wants to come to Pisgah.  He needs funds and to convince his dad to let him go.  He is in our prayers.  You can pray too!  His name is Nicholas.

As we fell into bed, I was struck by how little (C) I had dealt with all day! There are two things that I know made a difference today!  First, our day was filled with praising God.  Practicing, praising God and then praising God.  Watching others praise God.   Praise is like the water that washes the crap off and the soil that covers it up! Praise heals, praise rejuvenates, praise is a necessary element of living a life MtC!  Second, today was a day all about sharing Christ with others.  I suppose it is a type of praise too!  But spending time sharing Christ, sharing his love, what he has done for me kept my eyes on him, kept my heart yearning and thankful!  So keeping my testimony of what he has done for me in the forefront of my mind is also important in living a MtC life!

So today living MtC was possible because of praise and my testimony!  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!


No comments: