Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 11 (late)

So this is my first late post. I hate that it is late but life has demanded other things.  As I posted day 10 I was caring for my grandmother.  That night turned out to be a night with no sleep! I was cleaning up vomit out of buckets and had to clean her vomit covered bed twice. At 3 a.m. I made the decision to take her to the hospital.  She was admitted for pneumonia caused by aspirating vomit. She is quite a sick woman.  After two nights with almost no sleep yesterday evening when I sat down to write I had no words.  Nothing. I was so tired every fiber of my being ached. So I choose to fall asleep and slept a refreshing 10 hours. This morning I know what I wanted to write yesterday. It is this.

I so much appreciate friendship.  In the midst of my chaotic day I had the opportunity to go to lunch with a dear friend.  We talked about this blog and the process I am going through. It was great to reflect on this process. Yesterday we went to lunch and it was such a delicious lunch. A perfect combination of healthy beautiful colorful food with a dash of comfort mixed in.  The food could not have been more perfect for what I needed after a sleepless night. We talked a long time which aided in healthy digestion! We definitely dined. I ate the entire plate of Thai noodle and enjoyed every  bite. I ate it not with the (C) running around in my head telling me I should go easy on the noodles but with gratitude to God for providing such an amazing meal that met the needs of my very tired tummy.  I enjoyed KNOWING that the conversation and the relationship that was an integral part of this meal was also contributing to the health of the meal. Sondra, thank you! It was such a needed breath of fresh air.
What I found was that letting go of the (C) freed me to continue making healthy, life giving choices the rest of the day.  Oh what a joy it is to intently try to live without the (C).   

1 comment:

Sondra said...

What a blessing when we both come away feeling blessed. So thank YOU, Beth.