Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 26

Today started at Mom and Dads with a wonderful homemade breakfast that was both delicious and healthy. I felt so loved and blessed to start my day with such a spread.  We had homemade oatmeal waffles with real maple syrup and scrambled eggs from her chickens. There was also homemade apple sauce and fresh fruit. It was a perfect way to start the day.
I then had the amazing privilege to meet with two schools and over 40 students.  What a blessing they were.  When I started this journey (MtC)  Chris and I spent an afternoon talking about "healthful living" and what would be included in the list.  Chris said, "Should spent time on the floor playing with kids."  Today I truly get it! I literally sat on the floor and talked with children and it lifted my spirits.  Two days of being surrounded by hope, filled my heart in an amazing way. Today they shared their plans and their joys.
In one school a precious girl named Grace had a hard time answering the question, "What do you enjoy doing? or What are you really good at?"  She sat there and kept thinking but couldn't come up with an answer. The entire school had their hands up, making noises, trying to get my attention, and their hands kept getting higher and higher.  I finally acknowledged one of her classmates and they blurted out, "She is good at being a friend!" Then the entire class started telling me all the things that she is good at. What a wonderful thing it was to see.  A group of friends backing her.  A group of friends willing lift her up.  I wish I had a picture of her face.  She sat there, not trying to disappear, but literally sitting up higher. Her face lit up with a new understanding of who she was.  She then with real confidence said, "and I'm good at running too!" It was such a beautiful thing!
Today I certainly had my moments of battling with (C) however it was so easy to identify and put down because I was so full of joy that came from the kids. Today minus the crap was more about filling up the space with such beautiful stuff that there was no room to hold on to the crap.
I also was reminded of the importance of getting outside our little groups and spend sometime helping others. So much of the time, the (C) I hold onto is a result of focusing on self more than I should.  Turn my focus to Christ and all things that come from him, and I can't hold onto the crap.
So tonight I ad to my health list...11. and 12.

1.  Fresh food
2. Vegetarian
3. Food must be colorful
4. Keep food as much in its natural form as possible
5. High calorie food must be high quality (desserts should be homemade with good ingredients etc.)
6. Eating out...pay more eat less ( make sure to eat in quality places)
7. When eating what others have prepared for you... JUST EAT and enjoy!
8. Sit down, and toast! (make the meal an experience, light candles, enjoy conversation!)
9. Whole grains
10. Don't eat fake sweeteners or fats. 

11. Play on the floor with children
12. Help someone, do something for others.
(I also need to add a number 13 after Sabbath!)
13. It is better to eat Twinkies with friends than Broccoli alone! (develop meaningful relationships)

No comments: